The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
Jedi Profile Rules Vote_lcap2Jedi Profile Rules Voting_bar2Jedi Profile Rules Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
Jedi Profile Rules Vote_lcap2Jedi Profile Rules Voting_bar2Jedi Profile Rules Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
Jedi Profile Rules EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
Jedi Profile Rules EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
Jedi Profile Rules EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
Jedi Profile Rules EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
Jedi Profile Rules EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
Jedi Profile Rules EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
Jedi Profile Rules EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
Jedi Profile Rules EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
Jedi Profile Rules EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
Jedi Profile Rules EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

Jedi Profile Rules

Go down 
+3
Master Hybrid
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Edonis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Edonis
Padawan
Padawan
Edonis

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:54 am

I know all of us that have been here since the beginning are already aware of the dislike for God moding, but a lot of the new people may not realize this which is an honest mistake on their part since we haven't posted anything about it. I know Master Morelann is still missing for whatever reason so I suggest a post in the profile database to let those who are creating a character know about certain rules. I am also tossing this up here so that we may be able to discuss these rules that we will be setting in place.
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:12 am

This is a good idea. 'Realism' is key. Besides (side-note) character flaws and individualities are more interesting than past God powers. Those are what cause us to push through the necessity to grow and become one with the force, so that we all might bring balance and not a pedestal. "Too sure of themselves they are." -YODA Reinvent/ re-explore their inner-selves, they must -says I.
Back to top Go down
http://animatedmatt@aol.com
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Definitely, I was here back when the old Masters made rules against God Moders. In a way, those people lead to the Split of the Order when they defied the Council's rules and the Council split on their opinion. This has been debated before, I think we can all agree that something should be done. These people(I call them demi-gods) give themselves ridiculous pasts and make themselves extremely powerful or important while they're still initiates. They set themselves above the other initiates, it's not fair for the people who RP correctly for their rank.
Back to top Go down
Hype-Rion Halcyon
Padawan
Padawan
Hype-Rion Halcyon

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm

I, of course, agree with that. And I think we should all post what we think should be included in the rules so that the council may then agree with that and make it official.
And for not having to re-post I would like to write the ones I'd suggest and explain them in depth.

1. These should be guidelines more than rules, likewise every rule has an exception, thus if the exception is more common than the rule, it becomes such. So, as much as they should be guidelines, most of the profiles should have his character be in between the following parameters.

2. Age limit. All starting characters should be in between 5 and 45 of age, Human worth. Less is difficult, well, how many of you can recall exactly the day to day events of when you were below the age of five. Above that, a character has had much experience already, making his point of view already dull and most, by this age are not curious enough to try and really understand new things. Training for such people is difficult.

3. Races and Species. The race or species of the character should be chosen among these: Arkanian, Bimm, Bith, Bothan, Caamasi, Cathar, Cerean, Duros, Echani, Firrerreo, Fallen, Gamorrean, Hapan, Iktotchi, Ithorian, Kel Dor, Kiffar, Miraluka, Mon Calamari, Nautolan, Quarren, Quermian, Rodian, Ssi-Ruu, Sulustan, Toka, Togruta, Trandoshan, Twi'lek, Umbaran, Weequay, Wookiee, Xexto, Zabrak and Zeltron. This is due to the Order being a Star Wars The Old Republic guild and as such its members are required to choose one of the races being available when the game starts. As the races are not published yet, most of the ones I named here are very much human like, so there's shouldn't be any problem in switching to human. Most of these will become unavailable, so I included only canon. Ones who are either popular, have been used, resemble humans well enough, not listing any race or species that wasn't discovered by 3500 BBY.

4. Abilities and Talents. A character may have from 3 to 10 talents if they are specific, general talents should limit to 1 to 3. Example of a general talent would be Intelligent, Wise, Strong, Tough, Charismatic, Persuasive, while the Specific ones would be Smart, Clever, Hard Working, Having Good Reflexes, Good Accuracy, Witty, Perceptive. Abilities, as in, mechanics, diplomacy, electronics and computers, security sistems, survival and so on, should have determined a level in the ability and being chosen from 5 to 20 in a very specific list or from 2 to 8 from a more general list. Remember that everything one chooses has side effects. So everyone has flaws, and a perfect god-like character has right that as a flaw along with many more he can not ever think of. Making two examples: "Someone with really good perception and hearing will become deaf, at least temporary, if a grenade explodes near him, much less likely for someone with bad hearing. Being able to sense at long range may blind you to things close to you. Someone who people deem friendly will never be frightening or scary and someone really strong and tough will never be as fast and agile as someone with less pumped muscles on his body. And so on.

5. Experience and Powers. The guild should not accept, with above noted exceptions, of course, Jedi Masters and fully qualified knights, especially coming from another, faction or philosophy opposed, guild. Those who were loners should not have more knowledge than a Jedi Knight of the Order has and same be said about powers, that of course goes for characters, not for people playing them. Nobody should be a Master of every Force Power, may start with one specific, but every character in Star Wars history had good points and bad ones. So, Even when someone starts being a master at Telekinetic abilities, he shouldn't be good at other powers, especially Telepathic and Sense ones along with Other General ones. Giving an example of powerful Force users who had flaws, note, they had had extensive training before being able to use them in that manner: Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto being very proficient with the telepathic side of the force, requiring them some time before truly knowing their target, met their downfall at someone who had his mind closed and attacked so quickly they had no time to use their abilities. Miraluka and others who relied on Force Sight too much were often surprised by mines, turrets and robots of many as they are mostly invisible to the force. Those proficient in Battle Meditation found themselves open to attacks while using them and also that used a lot of their concentration. The Halcyon family was good at Force Absorb and Mind Trick based Illusions, but had virtually no Telekinetic power. While Anakin, as good as he was with the Telekinetic side he wasn't strong willed (so Palpatine could better control him) and had almost no abilities concerning mind control, thus often using physical intimidation (Choke). Also, the rule is simple when dealing with multiple abilities. Jack of all Trades, Master of none. Realistic and balanced.

6. Remember to have fun. When creating a character you should keep in mind a few things. This is a RP guild, so RP, even to a lighter degree, is essential. You can role play opposed sex or mindset or an exotic race, but keep in mind that some of these factors will eventually get you either stuck in RPing or in life. Humans are the most common race in the Star Wars universe not just by chance and the grand majority of others are very human like. If you want to have a Dark Sider who converts to light side... well, it is overused and non canon. A Dark Side user has little chance of returning to the path of light, that is canon and I can discuss that in another Thread, so please refrain from flaming about matters not relevant to Profile Rules. When the game starts out, some won't be able to have their character as they thought they would be, and everybody will start at the same level. Please, this is not a Sith Order where the strongest rule and only the most powerful can be a master. The Order and it's ranks will be made here, I think, so it's also out of the Jedi Mindset to promote someone just because he has become powerful, especially in game. Same be said about races, most won't be available. Keep also in mind that, while a member could have more than one character if one of those is not active, well, he will be decommissioned soon. A character should not be used to overstress real life issues in game, it's not healthy for the mind, especially when overdoing it. Example: Someone always being ordered and pushed around at his job now wants to do the same here... no thanks. Such things should be used in moderation as long term run of such characters always ends in either the characters' personality changing dramatically or on some huge issues by the one playing the character.

I might have had more in mind, but this should be enough for one. These are just opinions, as said before and for those who feel they are rightly so, please use them when making a character, for others, well, it's up to the council to discuss which and if any of them are going to be implemented as actual rules. No offense meant to anyone. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Agreed. This all makes sense. I see it as: just research what time we're in, where all the races that have been founded thus far are at in their development, how initiates can be talented yet untrained, and respect the way of things (in every meaning). Pretty much just use common sense. If you don't have any, heir on the side of caution. In other words: ask and obey or don't go somewhere with something you're not sure about.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 6:27 pm

You're right, and this is very impressive Hype.

We should be careful how this is carried out. The last time rules like this were made, the demigods thought the Council was trying to make them tone down their power because "the Council was afraid of them taking over".
And yeah, when people make their characters some kind of ex-Sith, or redeemed dark sider, that's over-used and annoying. Especially when they claim to be an ex-Sith Lord, or Emperor, that's probably the most annoying Star Wars RP move you can make.
Back to top Go down
Edonis
Padawan
Padawan
Edonis

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 am

I totally agree with all that you have posted Hype. Good job putting that all together too. And on the Sith aspect of things I completely agree. There have been, what, four maybe five Jedi to ever go from being dark side to light and Revan doesn't count. He had his mind wiped so it was as if he was starting all over again.

Plus I've heard people mention that like the Halcyon's have a special bond to the Force, so do the Skywalkers in that they can go dark side and are able to come back again. This is just here say though and as far as I know of yet, it's non canon.

Have any of you ever played the Roleplaying game for Star Wars? The pencil and paper game? Once you started to fall to the dark side it was a pain in the ass to become light again. You were considered in that game to be lost to the dark side and the only way to reverse it was you had to perform a selfless heroic act that benefited the galactic balance without using the dark side to aid you. This type of act nine times out of ten ended in the individual's demise. I did it with one of my characters and I didn't go full dark side. I started to slip because I kept accidentally drawing from the dark side of the Force during hectic situations and only barely dragged myself back to light through sheer luck of my roles. And I wasn't even considered lost to the dark side yet.

Anyway, all of these are very good rules. Thanks for putting that all together Hype.
Back to top Go down
Edonis
Padawan
Padawan
Edonis

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 pm

I was thinking about this while working out and thought of some other guidelines I would like to see implemented. Let me know what you think.

Can't be an already known character. No Revans, Jedi Exiles, Vaders, Luke Skywalkers, etc ect. This doesn't mean you can't be the decendent of someone. I don't mind if your last name is Halcyon, Katarn, or what have you. No Skywalkers though. As far as I'm aware, Anakin was the first to be Force sensitive because he was created by the Force...or Darth Plagueis.

No Time traveling. This is fairly self explanatory. Mainly because I feel it's kind of lame, but also because it has never been in Star Wars as far as I'm aware of, I would like NOT to see this.
Back to top Go down
Hype-Rion Halcyon
Padawan
Padawan
Hype-Rion Halcyon

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:07 pm

There was one thing you reminded me to add. I posted suggestions on how many abilities, but to tell you the truth, I never had in mind those limited ones from KOTOR games, more like those from the d20 Star Wars RPG or the Newer, Saga version. The list of general abilities: Acrobatics, Climbing, Deception, Endurance, Gather Information, Initiative, Jump, One of the 6 General Knowledges (Bureoucracy, Galactic Lore, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Tactics and Technology), Mechanics, Perception, Persuasion, Piloting, Ride, Stealth, Survival, Swim, Treat Injury, Use Computer, A Profession, A Craft.
While the Specific Ones would list: Appraise, Astrogate, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Computer Use, A Specific Craft, Demolitions, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Entertain, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gamble, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, One from more than 20 Knowledges that I won't list (Chemistry, Anatomy, Maths,...), Listen, Move Silently, Pilot, A more specific Profession, Repair, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot Survival, Swim, Treat Injury, Tumble.

And yes, I was always more used to stricter RPing, where the actual Rules were set, and, even if I know that in forums such as this, that can't be achieved easily nor most members want to achieve, I posted a general list just to give an idea.

As far as names are concerned, I would rather not have any Mary273 or J0hnies and so on. As for those who would like to use a popular surname. Hey, we are 3600 years before the time of Windu, Skywalker, Kenobi and such, so, if you use such surnames, okay with me. If you use the names... there could be a problem... not with me, but with those in the game that will register their names before you, and believe me. If you are among the first 200 to log in, those names will be taken! If you claim that you are a direct descendant to one of those, most people would appreciate it if you at least look them up and see if it could be a logical thing to do, as in the above mentioned Skywalker case.
And as some already mentioned some criticism, I will add some to our members. We are the Jedi Order. As I know, Revan's actions are not supported by the Jedi Order, it is true that after the Jedi Exile continued the tradition, the Jedi focused on the Action more than in the past, but what he did still almost wiped out the Order. So, having a Darth name or one of a Sith or a "Cool" betrayer... and so on, may hurt the reputation of the Order. Second, Robots usually can't use the force, for that matter, they should not be able to be a playable Jedi race. To Koro Ziil and AllyoftheForce. Koro Ziil is an actual character, but until you decide to make him THAT one, it's fine with me, as for Ally,... well, it's a strange name to be used as a name. Otherwise no complains. About my name... yeah... I actually learned more about the family after I choose the surname, still, until really further, I am not making any proclaims as to who my descendants will be, after all, I bet there are plenty of Halcyons in the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Neiphitus
Recruit
Recruit
Neiphitus

Location : sitting on the floor of the Jedi Temple, waiting haha

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:52 am

I completly agree with this, I based my character off of myself. I don't wanna be perfect and all powerful, and i can't understand why someone would want to be. A character's flaws are just as much a strength as a weakness. My character is fast and has the natural diplomacy ability, as the Jedi are keepers of the peace, i believe this is the most important ability to have. But his flaw is in his jovial manner, and inexperience. You don't have to be able to lift a speeder bike over your head to be able to cut someone's head off with a light saber. Anyway, i am very glad i chose this guild, as it seems there are more level headed people in it than others that are out there.
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:01 pm

Lets hope that everyone will see this in time, or we will have to take drastic measures.
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:30 am

We should definitely be keeping these thoughts at the forefront…
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:34 am

Post Bump!!!
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Indeed. As stated before, we should handle such situations with care and caution. Even the most sensible decisions can backfire if done poorly. But such matters are of great importance and should be carried out with resolve.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Anyone else notice the number of godmoders and noobs has gone down somewhat recently? Not that Im complaining...I guess that means less noobslaying. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 2:07 am

Well, you still got me winkle*#&$skin!!!
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 am

These are great, maybe you could make an email thingy where it gives this to new members?
Back to top Go down

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:04 am

well after looking over this, i have to let you all know that i think that im following the rules mostly yes even i still mess up but thats the blessing of being human, and its curse, but like i ws saying i think that after the time iv been here im doing alright or at least i hope so Smile
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Kazar, all you can do is keep your head down and humbly work towards your goal. You are indeed making progress, but we are just beginning. Diligence and humility Kazar; and though we are all human, it is the goal of a Jedi to reach higher control over our emotions and words. Please try and not call attention to yourself. We will work together and reach our goal my young friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jedi Profile Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Profile Rules   Jedi Profile Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Jedi Profile Rules
Page 1 of 1