The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
MMO Suggestions (Important) Vote_lcap2MMO Suggestions (Important) Voting_bar2MMO Suggestions (Important) Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
MMO Suggestions (Important) Vote_lcap2MMO Suggestions (Important) Voting_bar2MMO Suggestions (Important) Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

MMO Suggestions (Important)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

MMO Suggestions (Important) Empty
PostSubject: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 pm

To better fortify our Guild for the wait ahead, it has been officialized that the Order will choose a currently active MMO and establish our presence in it. This is where you all come in, we need the names of all the MMOs you think we should consider. Give us reasoning why the game you suggest should be our MMO.
Back to top Go down
JDawg
Padawan
Padawan
JDawg

PostSubject: Re: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:17 pm

ok i got 2 games i think are good but this one is probably the least..... "fairy like"
Its called Last Chaos set in a medeival era type thing u do what u do in any MMO chat kill and get weapons. the graphics are decent and the people are as well.... i also made an attempt to put this guild there but I havent accessed the game in a while... I also have alegiances with guilds so if we need help i can point u in a direction or to a person who would know Smile dorky... maybe.... fun yes lemme know what yall think..... ALSO ITS FREE Very Happy

Last edited by JDawg on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Revan
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Revan

PostSubject: Re: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Star Wars Galaxies, yes again why because it keeps us in the Star Wars focus. We will be able to sit in a real Jedi Enclave on Yavin or at the ruins of Dantooine, or even my own guild hall that I made to be a Jedi Enclave. We won't be using regular swords or "magic" we will see a glimpse of what our characters will look like together. And great experience in a hard MMO for any Jedi since theres so many ppl in there that do hate Jedi (Reason is because you couldn't be jedi right away when LA was in charge of the management and a single Jedi could take out 20 players at once. Now its you need to be set up a particular way "if your a light side jedi" ) It will test us for being not in our prime. For when we are actually in our prime we will be all the more stronger. Think to yourself...would you rather see eachother in yellow spandex or knightly armor or would you want to be in a robe mixed with a bit of armor with a trusty item we all love - The Lightsaber. A minor set back we will not be able to have duel in swg but will in TOR. Another thing no other MMO has...Space...[/
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:08 pm

I am going to say some things that im sure some people will not like to hear but thats why we are a guild.

- First, we are a Star Wars Roleplaying guild and I do not agree with us jumping into another MMO that is not Star Wars related. We had this discussion about the off topic RPs going on and this is within the same realm of that topic.
- Second, we have talked about making our training process better and jumping into an MMO can do that. Training a Jedi Padawan in another MMO non-Star Wars related is not going ot work as we are not going to be able to train a Padawan in the Jedi ways as we would in a Star Wars MMO.
- Third, I do not see how we can promote Jedi in a non Star Wars game because plain and simple it's not the same aspect of Star Wars and to promote a Padawan to a Jedi Knight is not going to be a process we can duplicate in another MMO besides Star Wars.
- Fourth, We are a roleplaying Jedi Guild. We cannot revamp our roleplaying from within another game because once again it is not Star Wars. We cannot roleplay Star Wars material in an MMO not of Star Wars background.

- FIFTH ( AND MOST IMPORTANT), We will have those members who do nto wish to play any MMO while awaiting TOR. For those members who are waiting they ar eleft alone as the RPs that the others will be invovled in will be non- Star Wars related. Or the conversations in chat will be about something or another that will alienate those members awaiting TOR. The Last thing we need is splitting our Order in two, those remaining with a Star Wars environment ( wether or not they move to an MMO with us or not.) and those in a totally different environment other than Star Wars.

I know some peopel may think I am being closed minded but I remember joining a Star Wars Jedi Roleplaying Guild. This is why my choice is for an MMO for us to join is Star Wars Galaxies.
Back to top Go down
JDawg
Padawan
Padawan
JDawg

PostSubject: Re: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Master Sune....... I do not doubt your wisdom as a Master but the first four reasons for your thinking I can tell you that in the game i described briefly there is a way to do such a thing just it is not "totally" Star Wars there has already been a guild established there that call them selves simply "Jedi" i have no first hand experience with them but from the time that i have played the game guilds seem to have a natural trend to formatting their ideals around their names while competing to be the owners of "the castle". The things that are in the game could also quite possibly be in Star Wars just not as descript. and ..... well if at all possible i would like to further discuss it with you.... on a nother note your fifth reason is one that i cannot argue with. the logic speaks truth and posses a serious threat.
On a final note from what i can gather about Star Wars Galaxies is that it is pay-to-play and that could be a very good reason people dont want to do the MMO thing..... the game i offered up is free..... those shal be my last words on this subject unless ANYONE wants to discuss it in chat or pm

Thank You Smile
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

With regards to the pay-to-play all here need to undestand TOR will require a monthly payment so that is unavoidable by all members here
Back to top Go down
Axle Steel
Padawan
Padawan
Axle Steel

PostSubject: Re: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:07 pm

While what you say is true Master Kael some of use (like me) could barly convince our parents to pay for tor let alone another online game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMO Suggestions (Important)   MMO Suggestions (Important) Empty

Back to top Go down

MMO Suggestions (Important)
Page 1 of 1