The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
more military formations Vote_lcap2more military formations Voting_bar2more military formations Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
more military formations Vote_lcap2more military formations Voting_bar2more military formations Vote_rcap2 
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
more military formations EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
more military formations EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
more military formations EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
more military formations EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
more military formations EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
more military formations EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
more military formations EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
more military formations EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
more military formations EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
more military formations EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
more military formations EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
more military formations EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
more military formations EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

more military formations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

more military formations Empty
PostSubject: more military formations   more military formations EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:39 am

troop

Squad

Platoon

company

Regiment

Battalion

Brigade

Division.

oh and hybrid if you could or kael, can you put how many men is in each? since it wouldnt tell me, and plus you are the war general and weaponsmaster so you of all people should know. thank you

3-5 squads and that forms a Platoon.

3-5 Platoons make up a Company.

3-5 Companies make up a Battalion.

3-5 Battalions make up a Brigade.
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Squad= 4-12 men
Platoon= 36 men
Company= 144 men
Regiment= 2304 men
Brigade= 4608+ men
Division= 9216 men

While these refer to the standards of the Old Repubic military, not real life army sizes, it gives us a greater picture of what to expect from our trooper comrades. I would ask Kazar, that you leave any such miliatant topics to the Trooper Garrison we have here. They have a bigger investment in this topic and would most likely wish to address it amongst themselves. But I thank you for expressing your want to share such knowledge with everyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:23 pm

I am glad to see others taking much interest in coming up with ideas for the Garrison. The only flaw with implementing those is the Council wishes to have a Garrison only. They want to keep the Garrison at smaller set number meaning the Garrison will never go beyond the size of even a Platoon...if we are lucky enough to even get that many people.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 3:58 pm

It's likely we won't have enough troopers to fill out many of these formations for awhile. For now, the Council has agreed on a maximum of fifty troopers in this guarrison, that can be changed once we reach the maximum if we deem it necessary or in any way more convenient.
Back to top Go down
Master Daran Hawk
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Daran Hawk

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:10 pm

We can always try a structure that would work well with the smaller numbers. While I can't think of anything at the moment, when I do I'll get back and post it here....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:21 pm

i hope that the size of the garrison will get to a company at a point in time.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:23 pm

A garrison is like a Company having two to three platoons. I could make suggestions but I trust Lt. Garp will have these worked out. Though if you need any help Lt. I as well as the rest of the Order are at your service.
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Right. Well hopefully with the recruitment starting under me and Lt. Garp, we will have gathered enough troopers to fill this garrisons halls. Then perhaps the council will agree to expand it further.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 2:29 pm

While suggestions are always welcome, in this case I would like to see more Marines before even thinking about expanding.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:22 pm

I'm going to close this topic now. First off, I hope you got permission to post this in the Archives Kazar, second, this issue has been thought of already and will obviously be put on hold until, as Garp said, we have more Marines. Until then, we're ready for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: more military formations   more military formations Empty

Back to top Go down

more military formations
Page 1 of 1