The Knights Of Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forums for The Knights Of Genesis

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
Master Hybrid (707)
For Initiates Vote_lcap2For Initiates Voting_bar2For Initiates Vote_rcap2 
Alcanor Story (633)
Master Alahew Kel-Revik (633)
Master Valryn Vynn (553)
Master Kael Sune (448)
Tanis Moon (400)
Chris Stordy (315)
Juranski (290)
JDawg (198)
Axle Steel (174)
Latest topics
» just saying hi
For Initiates EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm by Tanis Moon

» holenderskie domki caloroczne
For Initiates EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 6:59 pm by Guest

» swinoujscie apartamenty sprzedaz
For Initiates EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:09 pm by Guest

» noclegi zamosc cena
For Initiates EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm by Guest

» kolobrzeg apartamenty marta
For Initiates EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm by Guest

» domki letniskowe
For Initiates EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» hotele cieszyn
For Initiates EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm by Guest

» bieszczady domki wetlina
For Initiates EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 pm by Guest

» hotele accor w europie
For Initiates EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 pm by Guest

» noclegi wladyslawowo brzozowa
For Initiates EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:49 pm by Guest

» Long overdue pics of my Mandalorian Armor
For Initiates EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm by Axle Steel

» A Revival Is In Order..
For Initiates EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm by Master Valryn Vynn

» CHEVEYO (Spirit Warrior)
For Initiates EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 am by Juranski

For Initiates

Go down 
+4
Alcanor Story
Koro Zill
Master Hybrid
Edonis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Edonis
Padawan
Padawan
Edonis

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 10:44 am

As I was about to walk out the door, I thought, we also need a Jedi Instructor who is incharge of training the initiates. Someone who can let a master know when a certain Initiate is ready. This I think would also keep more people active and give those who lack masters something to do and work on. This individual(s) can also post lessons under the Master thread I posted about.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 6:03 pm

The Council is discussing Council Duties, and one of them is the Instructor.
Back to top Go down
Edonis
Padawan
Padawan
Edonis

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 6:07 am

Ok, great. I'm glad this has already crossed the council's mind.
Back to top Go down
Koro Zill
Recruit
Recruit
Koro Zill

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 4:44 pm

nice idea
Back to top Go down
Alcanor Story
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Alcanor Story

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:03 am

Sounds like a great idea, and is well thought out. I wish the Council clairvoiancy in there decision.
Back to top Go down
Master Alahew Kel-Revik
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Master Alahew Kel-Revik

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:13 am

If this is still a topic of debate and thought, I would like to offer my services in this matter. I would like to suggest that a new section be opened up, just like the Hall of Knighthood, and label it as "Map Room" or "Trial Chambers" or "Group Instruction" or something along those lines; although the map room is normally where such group training sessions took place and would rather the name reflect such activities there in it. I would also like to offer myself up to be considered for this responsibility, as i believe myself adept at teaching newcomers and assisting them in both the ways of the force but also in the socially accepted conduct of our guild. I am also have an intimate and detailed understanding of the system here and the way this hierarchy works. I would be very skilled at coherently and clearly explaining the navigation of our site and where to find such important documents that need referencing, such as the newly enforced Charter. I have many ideas for training at the beginning as well as the advanced levels, but as for this subject my ideas for beginning levels would apply. If given this role I would also, with the permission and approval of the Council, like to begin utilizing a form of the Jedi Temple Apprentice Tournament; to help determine who is ready to advance to be considered for the level of Padawan under a Knight or Master, if not already deemed under the category of interest. This would not only help further the more specific tests that a Padawan must now undertake to become a Knight, but would further train and allow for their issues to become transparent in order to help the individual that much more. This would further create yet another step in initiate's progression and understanding of hard work and rewards earned. I would hope to teach the younglings in basic saber initiation, basic force utilization in both themselves internally outwards and in using their surroundings, and in understanding respect through the inner workings of our hierarchy and set rules for both role play and in game conduct. I leave it up to the will of the Council to determine the merit of my abilities, and offer my services if deemed useful in this matter. I do believe that once game release nears or even occurs, that this idea will hold even more weight and necessity for when the inactive become active. It could even be an open class room for gathering groups who wish to join voluntarily to train with the designated instructor. Although I believe that creating this section now will also stir up and create more activity within our initiates and inactive members, thus opening the welcoming doors that much wider for those who wish to join us. It would give a more specific idea for the new comers to read over and see what they are getting into and where they will stand in the guild, in regards to their station and social standing comparatively. I believe that this section will also cut down on the misunderstandings of accidental or ignorant god-moding amongst the recruits and initiates. Perhaps I could even host a class for creating profiles here in the site. All of these classes would of course be recorded and kept logged in this section for others to read over and learn from. Of course I would keep my posts and the class descriptions to a simplistic and understanding basic level of rhetoric for the best results amongst newcomers.

Thank you for hearing my suggesting volunteer. I would have posted this in the suggestion section, however this thread and idea had already been started here and I wished no confusion on the matter. Building on the suggestions of others, I offer my service to the Council.
Back to top Go down
http://animatedmatt@aol.com
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:17 am

I agree with Alahew's self nomination. He expresses both the compassion to help others learn while still having the skill to do so. His knowledge of combat is amazing, and his knowledge of the Force is enough. Though the council will inevitalby choose who to select for this position, I belive Alahew holds enough skill to do the role with great ease, and has much to teach our aspiring Initates.
Back to top Go down
Tanis Moon
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Tanis Moon

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:22 pm

A yes, that is a great idea. Someone needs to teach the Padawans at least a little and prep them.

I to nominate my former Padawan as the instructor.
Back to top Go down
Master Hybrid
Grand Master
Grand Master
Master Hybrid

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:49 pm

First of all Tanis, we're not nominating anyone yet, and if we were it wouldn't be up to the Guild likely, it would, as Alahew stated many times, the Council's decision, as this would be a major addition. Anyway, about the "Map Room",

The official Instructor position is held only for a Councilor deemed appropriate for the position, I'm sure with a Council vote that could be ratified though.
And yes, this idea has been going through my head for almost two months now actually. The main problem, practically the only problem, is the fact that we simply have no students yet. True, we can prepare the forum, heirarchy, system and rules before our frozen army thaws, and the fact that it would cut down on Godmoding and ignorance of the rules is one I knew would be worth it. I'm definitely going to consider bringing this up officially to the Council at the next Meeting.
Back to top Go down
Tanis Moon
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
Tanis Moon

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:11 pm

Yes Hybrid i know the council is not nominating anyone, i was just co-signing with Valryn.

Yes i know its the council decision.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Master Valryn Vynn
Master Of The Order
Master Of The Order
Master Valryn Vynn

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:13 pm

"Whoa Whoa this isnt about me, its about you."

I was just acknowleding Alahew's capability for the position. I know that it is the Council's decision overall, just stating my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Master Kael Sune
Jedi Council
Jedi Council
Master Kael Sune

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Nothing to worry about friends We liek the initiative by Alahew and the feedback recieved is a good sign that we are beginning to trust one another as Jedi. This is a topic for the council though but I can assure it is on the agenda for our next council meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For Initiates Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Initiates   For Initiates Empty

Back to top Go down

For Initiates
Page 1 of 1